The next Open Angel Forum in Philadelphia will be the evening of Tuesday, October 16 at First Round Capital's new digs in University City. If you are involved in a startup that is looking for seed funding, please apply (there is no charge to apply or attend if selected): http://ye.gg/oaf
For anyone not familiar with Open Angel Forum, the idea is to get the best regional angels in a room and put some great startups in front of them. Antonio Tedesco and I started this greater Philly area chapter, and this will be our fourth event.
We expect a lot of the same great investors to show again. We've been working hard to pull in other active independent investors in the region as well as newly minted angels.
If you are an angel investor in the mid-atlantic region and want to come, please let me know. We're also looking for additional sponsors.
Here's the details:
- Apply at http://ye.gg/oaf
- We're accepting applications through Friday Sep 21, 2012 (midnight).
- The event is the night of Tuesday, October 16th. It is a private (confidential) event.
- Regular angels -- criteria is active & independent and it is strict!
- Past companies -- about half raised money, most including Philly angels.
Here's what we're looking for with regards to startups:
- US companies. You do not need to be associated with Philly, however.
- A working demo, preferably something already launched with some engaged users. The event format is a five min demo followed by a five min Q/A followed by networking. It's not a traditional pitch event with slides, so a working demo is essential. In fact, no slides allowed!
- Raising a seed round at a reasonable valuation. Our investors are generally looking to be first money in.
And here's the process:
- Antonio and I will then go through and select the companies that best match the above criteria.
- We will then try to hold Skype demo sessions with all those companies.
- We will then extend invitations until the demo slots are filled (5-7).
Feel free to ask questions in the comments, and I'll do my best to answer.