The next Open Angel Forum in Philadelphia will be the evening of March 22 at Morgan Lewis. If you are involved in a startup that is looking for seed funding, please apply (there is no charge to apply or attend if selected): http://ye.gg/oaf
For anyone not familiar with Open Angel Forum
, the idea is to get the best regional angels in a room and put some great startups in front of them. Antonio Tedesco
and I started this Philly (loosely defined) chapter, and this will be our third event.
We expect a lot of the same investors to show again. If you are an angel investor in the mid-atlantic region and want to come, please let us know
. We're also looking for sponsors
Here's what we're looking for with regards to startups:
- US companies. You do not need to be associated with Philly, however. In fact, we've had companies from all over, including Austin, NYC, Minneapolis and Chicago.
- A working demo, preferably something already launched with some engaged users. The event format is a five min demo followed by a five min Q/A followed by networking. It's not a traditional pitch event with slides, so a working demo is essential.
- Products matching our investor preferences. Our goal is to get you funded, and to do that you can't look too different than things our angel investors generally invest in. This generally means software of some form.
- Terms matching our investor preferences. Same as above, our angels are looking for good deals. This generally means reasonable valuations and seed rounds (essentially first money in).
Here is the process:
- We're accepting applications for OAF Philly II through Sun Feb 26, 2012.
- Antonio and I will then go through and select the companies that best match the above criteria.
- We will then try to hold Skype demo sessions with all those companies. We may involve some other angels in this process.
- We will then extend invitations until the demo slots are filled. We're aiming to do that by Mar 15h (one week notice).
Feel free to ask questions in the comments, and I'll do my best to answer.